1981 Allied 42' (12.80 m) 42XL
Kemah, Texas, United States
Cutter Rigged, Offshore Cruiser
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: AYKXL2111681
|Monel Fuel Tanks|
|Dripless Shaft Log|
Generator with Low Hours
Bronze Opening Ports with Safety Glass
Dripless Shaft Log
Monel Fuel Tanks
Lead Ballast Keel
Only 3 Owners Since New
Salt and Fresh Washdown Bow and Stern
The classic Sparkman Stephens designed Allied 42XL is a splendid offshore performer and built to take you anywhere you wish to go. Dauphine is one of the last Allied 42XLs built and the only one built with a fixed keel.
If you are in the market for a superb offshore performer that is capable to take you anywhere in comfort, be sure to contact the listing broker to set up a time to see Dauphine.
Ak Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Little Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 41' 6'' (12.65 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 11' 6''
Draft Max: 5' 10''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 50 Gallons (189.27 Liters)
Fresh Water: 100 Gallons (378.54 Liters)
Ballast Weight: 7500 lbs
Photos click to view all
Fuel: 50 gallons (2x25 Monel tanks)
Water: 100 gallons total in 3 SS water tanks (replaced 2011)
Yanmar 4JH3E, 54Hp with 1850 hours (new 2000) fresh water cooling system with heat exchanger
Racor filter/water separator (4) and transfer pump
- Watermaker PowerSurvivor
- FCF Marine 16,000 BTU AC/Heat/Dehumidify
- Dripless shaft log
- 1’ ¼” SS shaft
- 3 Blade bronze prop
- 6 Gallon 120V water heater
- Bronze sea cocks
- 3.5KW NextGen BL105E generator with 274 hours
- 200 Amp alternator
- 95 Amp alternator
- Xantrex 2500 Inverter/Charger INOP
- 2 Group 27 lead acid house 750a each 10/2020
- 2 Group 27 lead acid start 10/ 2020
- Garmin 4208 GPS
- Garmin radar
- Raymarine hydraulic autopilot
- Garmin Depth
- ICOM IC-M412 VHF
- Huge top-loading 120V fridge with Grunert holding plates inop
- Separate freezer with holding plate Inop
- Gimballed Hiller Range 3 burner propane stove with oven (light use)
- New sink (2018)
Dauphine’s interior is traditional, rich and warm with excellent joinery throughout. She is cooled and heated by a 16,000 BTU FCJ marine AC/Heater/Dehumidifier with digital controls. There is an abundance of high quality opening bronze ports with safety glass. The sole is real teak and holly throughout (not veneer or plastic).
The forward cabin features a large V-berth with hanging lockers and drawers.
The head has a manual commode, shower and vanity with a SS sink.
The salon has a long, deep settee to port and a U-shaped settee and table to starboard. There are numerous sets of drawers and excellent craftsmanship throughout.
The Nav Station is within easy access of the companionway and features a large forward facing nav desk with its own set of drawers.
Deck and Cockpit
- Bronze opening ports with safety glass
- Running and steaming lights LED except for stern light
- Manual windlass
- Rocna anchor
- Full rubrail
- 30" Tall stantions
- Salt and fresh water wash downs bow and stern
Sails and Sail Handling equipment
- Loose footed Quantum offshore mainsail with 3 reef points (good condition)
- New 130% October 2020
- Storm jib (good condition)
- Recent Schaefer 300 roller furler for genoa
- Traveler for mainsheet
- Chainplates and standing rigging replaced 2002
- Convertible cutter rig with quick disconnect and running backstays