Yachting allows the few privileged folks in the world to enjoy places and island destinations on our world’s beautiful oceans not easily accessible, along with an enhanced value of privacy, personalized surroundings and an ideal base for close family/friendships. Due to the complexity of modern yachts – it can be a daunting task to find the best yacht to suit personal needs and goals.
So, thinking about getting a used yacht? It’s a complicated process with many factors to learn. A vast majority of the yachts for sale are being sold by yacht brokers. There are many international yacht brokers in the world to choose from. Some very good, some not so much.
Why choose us?
Here’s a few reasons that I believe we are better choice over other yacht brokerage services:
- You are not a number – you are a fellow yachtie. We all share the same joy when it comes to boating. Let’s face it…we only have one life to live. Most of us work hard to earn the reward of being able to take some leisure time to go adventuring on the ocean. In this day and age yachting is a terrific way to explore, make new friends, entertain and just plain unwind. Chances are that you won’t want to return to the daily grind after spending time on the water.
- We only handle a few select clients at any given time…thus assuring you the best possible service. We kind of consider our outfit a ‘boutique’ endeavor and mostly cater to experienced yachties. It doesn’t cost you anything to engage a yacht broker and indeed advisable to find the right fit. Loyalty goes a long way in this industry.
- The yachting market is daunting. A lot of folks end up buying the wrong boat for the wrong reasons and eventually ‘mature’ as to the best way to enjoy yachting. That’s why I ask a lot of questions and am not out to sell yachts just to do so.
- Buying a yacht is just the beginning. No boats are perfect with regards to machinery and systems. Thankfully, being in the hub of the universe for yachts of all categories makes it quite feasible to modify and repair just about any aspect of a yacht here. I take it as a personal mission to get things done at fair costs by the best crafts-peeps – always looking out for my clients’ best interests! Beware – there are plenty of ‘sharks’ in this industry which may potentially turn your dreams into disaster.
- Ongoing services – once we develop a relationship, we endeavor to keep things running smoothly with expert advice, parts and repairs worldwide, crew, insurance, etc. Did I mention that we are also experts at custom builds?
- Not in South Florida? Not to worry, we have terrific connections worldwide and transport yachts all over the globe. Many, many buyers come to Florida to buy a yacht for one reason – there are more to choose from and services abound. However, that perfect fit may be lying in a different location. As we are quite accustomed to this fact, we have the ability to check things out firsthand anywhere globally. And get things done. And get it to you wherever you want to cruise. Everything we do is completely transparent and trustworthy!
- Time to sell and move on (hopefully to another style of boat)? Ak Yachts handles listings worldwide and knows how to get your boat out there to the right class of buyers. We have been doing this for a very long time and adapt to the changing marketplace to make it happen.
“Yachting is the Ultimate Lifestyle” – Ak Yachts promises to make it a smooth road to this fulfillment which few enjoy!
You are a professional and a gentleman. Thanks for all your hard effort. I will be back in the market in about 5 years for an 80-something boat with crew quarters. I’ll definitely give you the business. . I hope we remain friends for years to come.
We would like to highly recommend Andy Kniffin and AK Yachts Sales. We have known Andy since 2002. He was our broker when we sold our second boat a 52′ Highstar and then helped us design, build and order our third yacht a 66′ Symbol. Andy was there every step of the way through the…
I am more than pleased to offer Andy my personal endorsement respecting his yacht brokering skills, etc. To any new or used, yacht buyer or seller, I can attest to Andy Kniffin’s exceptional integrity, professionalism, legal astuteness, meticulousness, and promptness – all required attributes of a first class yacht broker in my view. And finally,…
I am very pleased to write up this testimonial for Andy Kniffin of AK Yachts in Florida, USA. I live in Singapore and I only came to know Andy from his company website whilst I was searching for a boat to purchase. After getting in contact with him, I had been talking to him for…
We first contacted Andy Kniffin in November 2013 about a Symbol Motoryacht he had listed and we were impressed with his knowledge for the brand. He had sold the boat we called on, so we engaged him to find us the boat which best fit our needs. We have owned a number of boats and…